Wednesday, December 10, 2008


INTERNAL AFFAIRS

As part of my normal cyber-patrol, I have taken part in several forums on various "Christian" websites over the last few weeks. What I have confirmed (much to my chagrin) is that as the Apostle Paul predicted most of our trouble is coming from within the Church. I know that the LORD said that the tares must grow along with the wheat; but judging by what is passing for Christianity out there this wheat field needs some spiritual DDT! The locusts are afoot!

The willingness of many to argue to the death for nonsense is unfathomable. Here' a short list of what I have encountered within the last month:

1. The Bible has "thousands" of errors.
2. The Trinity is a false doctrine.
3. Jesus suffered a "spiritual death" on the cross.
4. The Bible doesn't teach eternal punishment.
5. The Holy Spirit is not a Person.
6. We shouldn't eat turkey for Thanksgiving because it is a "bird of prey".
7. The repentant thief did not go to paradise as Jesus promised him on the cross.
8. Those dead in Christ remain in the grave until Jesus' return.
9. Culture trumps Christianity.
10. God does not give people faith.

There is obviously an attack of lunacy infecting the Church!

After expending far too much time and energy debating these nut-jobs, yours truly is suffering from burnout. I simply have not been able to focus on any one subject long enough to come up with a decent post. So please bear with me; I'm going to clear my head for a little while. When the muse hits me again, you'll be the first to know!


Keith
B.L.B.B!!!
Be Like the Bereans, Baby!!!

P.S. If you would like a first-hand look for yourself . . . pray hard, then visit The Black Church Page and Gospelpals

2 comments:

John Whitten said...

I like what I have read in your post today! It is refreshing to hear from a kindred spirit. I'm going to spend some time today reading your archives.

Keith L. Tolbert said...

Thank you so much, John. I hope you like what you read. If you disagree with me, that's ok let's talk about it . . . calmly!