Monday, September 10, 2007


Holes in the Dike?

Until now I have been silent about the recent news coming from the false teaching front. You know, the beatdown of "Profitess" Juanita Bynum by her obvious WWE fan, soon-to-be ex-husband, "Bash-up" Thomas Weeks. The pending divorce of "Profitess" Paula White from her overshadowed husband, Randy.

Let me first state my obligatory denunciation of spousal abuse: I, in no way, condone or excuse this horrific and despicable act by any man upon his wife. When the accused is supposed to be the under-shepherd of God's people and an example it is especially disgusting.

That said, I can't help hoping that these events are but the beginnings of birth pangs for these and all the perverters of true Christianity. No, I do not hope that more of them receive physical beatings. I just hope that it becomes more and more undeniable that what they preach is truly snake oil. I hope that these wizards of Oz become exposed for the charlatans that they are. I hope that enough of their duplicitous lifestyles become such a public spectacle that their deceived minions will finally have to abandon their worship of them. A guy can dream can't he!

I wonder what would it take to make the duped flee? My mind reels at the possibilities: murder charges, arrest at a crackhouse, long established Republican voting record. But I realize that these Svengali's have their sheep so drunk on their kool-aid that even these "mistakes" would be excused.

Although these reapings within the ranks of heretics have had little effect on their followers; the unfortunate hardening of unbelievers is evident. A brief perusal of the internet will reveal the heyday unbelievers are having with these events. Among the more clever are statements like these: "if Bynum is supposed to be a 'prophetess', shouldn't she have seen this beatdown coming", "I guess Weeks never heard 'touch not my anointed and do my prohpets no harm'", "You mean to tell me God 'told' her to marry this guy, but He didn't 'tell' her to watch out for the left hook", "I guess Bynum's next book will be entitled, 'The Thrashing Floor'"(for those who aren't aware, on of Bynum's best selling books is entitled, "The Threshing Floor").

Using nothing but "worldly" wisdom, the unregenerate are able to discern the folly of these liars. And the eye of Christianity gets a little blacker. Yet, many of those professing to be "blood-washed, Holy Ghost-filled, blessed, sanctified and highly-favored children of God" remain clueless. It's a shame! It's a travesty! It's a sham! It's a mockery of a shame of a travesty of a sham!

I know, I know, I should be praying for the Bynums, Whites and their ilk. Believe me, I do. Want to hear it? Here it goes:

"Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. Yes Lord God, dear Father, hallowed be Your name, both in us and throughout the whole world. Destroy and root out abominations, idolatry and heresy of all false teachers and fanatics who wrongly use Your name and in scandalous ways take it in vain and horribly blaspheme it. They insistently boast that they teach Your Word and the laws of the church, though they really use the devil's deceit and trickery in Your name to wretchedly seduce many poor souls throughout the world and in such persecution they believe that they render You a divine service. Dear Lord God, convert and restrain them. Convert those who are still to be converted that they with us and we with them may hallow and praise Your name, both with true and pure doctrine and with a good and holy life. Restrain those who are unwilling to be converted so that they be forced to cease from misusing, defiling and dishonoring Your holy name and from misleading your people. Amen"

Name and claim that!


Keith
B.L.B.B!!!
Be Like the Bereans, Baby!!!


The prayer comes from Martin Luther's: "A Simple Way to Pray"

2 comments:

Lionel Woods said...

Very beautiful brother. Ah, the blind sheep just became more blind and the mockers well you said enough.

Keith L. Tolbert said...

Thank you, brother. Maybe a photo of Creflo hugging George W. Maybe a shot of Jakes and Cheney out hunting together! :-)